Project Minima:

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Back to the Drawing Board, and it's OK

Painting by Charlotte Salomon
While the re-constructed kimono sleeves look exceptional, if I do say so myself (and I do!), I've decided the "just let it lay the way it goes" front opening doesn't.  I mean, why stop half-way?  Off go the snaps - to be relocated for a more traditional kimono wrap.  Have I mentioned this will be the third snap renovation?  All well worth it, I'm sure...

And by the way, this is the first kimono that I mentioned on June 8 (and thought was finished) - a navy floral top with a skirt that fits just fine, thank you.  The other one recently rehabilitated was a burgundy chrysanthemum kimono top with skirt.  Both skirts are long, straight with side slits.  There's a couple other kimono tops I've fixed, but it was simply a matter of relocated those (#%!) snaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment