Project Minima:

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Evolution of the Concept

"Emergence of the Ganga on the Earth," Hindu Painting.
Had the thought, after looking at some of the "sites of inspiration" listed, that perhaps my framework might be to use only what I already have in reforming my wardrobe.  Originally I was thinking to ultimately have everything working/going together with everything else, as well as being minimal.

Now perhaps, it's more me, more reasonable to start from where I'm at - that is use what I have to get to where I want to be.  The same plan would be involved, but I would not buy anything for this year of the project, not even fabric to make something.  It would be about using
the fabric I already have and never used, and/or re-purposing clothes I don't wear anymore for whatever reason.  That way nothing is wasted in the process of simplifying, nor justifiable in buying.  I'll see how that sits with me for now...

Meanwhile, later that same day:  Spent my 15-minutes + gathering up all my clothes, shoes that were laying about and put them away.  Eureka!  Didn't spend time sorting, etc. because I didn't want to bog myself down.  But, did put in a load of laundry and was frankly disgusted by how much of everything I have.  So the idea of not buying a thing to wear this year feels really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment