Project Minima:

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Turning Japanese

image from Stylish Dress Book, Top G
I really think so.  I received I Am Cute Dresses by Sato Watanabe as a gift not too long ago.  It was one of the only Japanese dress pattern books translated into English.  While many other sewists say you can figure it out by the diagrams - I don't know yet...that along with the metric system and grading the patterns larger may be out of my league.  Anyway, I am just L-U-V-ing the Japanese aesthetic featured in all these sewing books.

So, great news... 
Today my true love ordered 2 more Japanese Pattern Books that have recently been published in English!!!!  The catch is they are only sold in the UK and Australia?!  (Apparently something to do with their copyright vs U.S. copyright laws.)  Anyway, he was able to find them at some obscure place for a reasonable price.  I may even have them by X-mas!  They are Stylish Dress Book Vol. 1 and Happy Homemade Vol. 1 both by Yoshiko Tsukiori.  And Happy Sewing to me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment