Project Minima:

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Sewing Rebellion Production

painting by Mary Jane Ansell.
Here's a little ditty I worked on at the launch of the Chicago Chapter of the Sewing Rebellion.  Actually I'm thrilled about it.  Not the camisole so much, but getting the Sewing Rebellion going.  And it was fun too!  I'll stop at that because I could go on & on.  Check out the SR site if you're interested,

national or local chapters (see my side bar).  Okay so back to my cami.  I had found some long fringe that was exactly the same blushy-nudie color and hand-sewed it onto the neckline.  I only had so much.  At home, I took out the bottom hem which was just too thick and let it go raw.  I also took off the binding around the arm holes which was too bulky, leaving it raw.  Finally I skinnied up the straps by tying them with tiny mesh bows.  And that's a wrap.




No comments:

Post a Comment