Project Minima:

Monday, May 14, 2018

My Madeline Dress Works Out

on MeMadeMay'18, Day#14
~ and so do I ~



This dress is my version of what that French story-book character, Madeline always wore.

 

. 
~ "Madeline" by Ludwig Bemelmans  ~



Mine is made out of black cotton eyelet fabric.  When it got a bit too snug, I made some changes by added the pale gray cotton eyelet I found in my stash.  If you want, you can read how I found my inner Madeline here.



~ now I've poster edged myself ~


ooo.  The pants were old tight yoga capri length pants.  I cut out and made the ruffle from an old t-shirt and sewed that baby on.  Voila.  Now I have whatever you want to call them.




Please note:  these are not my exercise shoes.  I change when I get to the exercise place.  I mean really.

~ Jeffrey Campbell oxfords from ebay ~


And that's a wrap.  Only 1/2 a month to go...


8 comments:

  1. One thing I love is finding something in my closet that I don't wear cause cookies and have a brain alert that shows me how I can make it fit and be more excellent than ever before. And you have two of them right here. One day, two rethings. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really can't lose when you're retro-fitting. Am I right?

      Delete
  2. You look so mod in this outfit, Pao! I love the frill on the trouser hems and those incredible platforms. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a big fan of the Madeline books as a kid. I like how the dress is a very simple shape, but the grey panels add a splash of "cool". I haven't got brave enough to try inserting a panel of fabric in the sides of anything, but I have a dress that is waiting to be expanded so I may just have to plunge in and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I've done that to so many dresses and they look remarkably better than before. Go for it, Shelley. It's not hard to do at all.

      Delete
    2. I need to do this to things too! I'm also thinking of the possibility of removing sleeves and using the sleeve fabric for side panels. I think the stepped side hems that would doubtless create, would be interesting. But I might be wrong...

      Delete
    3. You never now until you try. I know I've used sleeves like that, but also another fabric. Even when it doesn't match. It's surprising how well they turn out. Check out my 'clothes I've refashioned' board on pinterest, if you want...

      Delete